Anyone who follows along on my Instagram knows the never ending battle with my newly four year old to eat meals and not just want junky snacks all the time. Every day there is one out of the three meals (at least) where he just refuses what I make and has a fit demanding something different. The other day he decided he didn’t like cheese sandwiches. That is the level of crazy he is acting, especially since he eats them all the time.
I make sure to always have healthy snacks around (and admittedly some not so healthy ones) so the child isn’t starving but I have not only cut back on snacks between meals but try to make at least 2/3 of the dinners something he likes. For example I may make something spicy for the meat but have rice and peas along with it so that he can eat something (and then have fruit later) but no that doesn’t work either. There are also days I just say forget it since I know he won’t eat no matter what I offer and make something I know the rest of the boys and I will like, like this Garlic Panko Crusted Scallops Tossed in Angel Hair.
- ½ pound sea scallops
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 box angel hair pasta
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Lightly grease a 1 quart baking dish, and spread scallops on the bottom the dish.
- Combine the panko, melted butter, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl until fully combined. Spread breadcrumb mixture over the scallops evenly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until topping is golden.
- While scallops are cooking, prepare angel hair pasta by boiling for 7-10 minutes.
- Drain angel hair and return to the pot. Add the breaded scallops and mix well.
- Sprinkle fresh grated parmesan to the pasta before serving and enjoy!