I must have been living under a rock, because I had never even heard of Kani Salad until last month. One of my Facebook friends had asked in his status what everyone’s favorite appetizer was aside from Kani Salad and two others I do not remember. I Knew what the two forgotten appetizers were, but had never heard of Kani Salad so I asked what it was. He described, it, shared a link to a recipe, and I had to try it out.
Being a novice I followed the first recipe as written so I could have an idea of what the heck I was making. It was good but being a food blogger I know there are 50 ways to make one dish, so I set about googling and checking out other additives people used and other methods of making the Kani salad. I threw a bunch of those ideas together to come up with what I think is the best Kani salad yet.
I should have known I would fall in love with this dish and end up eating all 4-6 servings myself over the course of one day once I saw Sriracha and imitation crab meat were involved. Those two ingredients alone are my favorites but when you add mango and cucumber and them mayo to make a tasty dressing, all hope is lost. Say what you will about Facebook, but thanks to wasting my time scrolling one day I discovered my favorite new appetizer/lunch idea!
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded
- ½ pound imitation crab sticks
- 1 mango
- ⅓ cup mayonaise
- 2 tsp Siracha
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp ginger
- ⅓ cup panko bread crumbs
- cut the cucumber, crab, and mango into strips about 4 inches long, ½ inch thick and place in a large bowl.
- mix the mayonaise, Sriracha, paprika, sugar and ginger together. I used my Nutribullet, but you could also mix by hand in a small bowl with a fork.
- pour dressing over the cucumber, crab, and mango and mix well until all slices are fully coated.
- grab a fork and ENJOY!