Confession: My lunchtime routine is far from healthy. I usually skip breakfast and then gorge on junk at lunch. My Instagram is full of yummy dinners and desserts but the rest of the day? I grab a bag of chips or those 10 cent noodles from the tore (you know the ones) full of preservatives and coated with cancer causing wax. I am like a broke college kid at lunchtime. I have neither the desire nor the drive to spend my morning or afternoon making a feast for one. That all changed when I was introduced to Fortune Noodles.
Don’t get me wrong. Fortune Noodles have not caused me to have a spurt of energy mid-day and want to go through a whole cooking production for lunch. What they did do was give me an easier and healthier way to whip up lunch in minutes, I knew things would be different with these noodles when they arrived at my door in a box saying to refrigerate immediately, and nestled in a cooler box. WHAAAA? Yes. They are precooked, meaning my few minutes of cooking is reheating really, but you cannot tell by taste. No cardboard flavored noodles here. The natural flavor packets come in a variety of great flavors like Thai Peanut, Coconut Curry, Teriyaki and Soy Ginger, among others.
Fortune Noodles also come in a variety of health conscious options like gluten free rice noodles, Omega-3 Fortified, Non-GMO, Cholesterol-Free, 100% Natural and MSG Free. I tried out the Soy Ginger and the Mandrian Orange noodles. Sad to say I made no recipes with the Soy Ginger. I managed to inhale all three packs I was sent before recipe inspiration hit. I should also mention me inhaling a pack is no small feat. These are not small packs of noodles. When I made the Mandrian Orange BBQ Chicken, my boyfriend and I split one pack as a side dish to the meal. Two people, one pack of noodles. Still, when I used half a pack of the natural seasoning while making my Mandrian Orange BBQ sauce, the half a pack I used in the noodles gave a powerful Mandrian Orange flavor.
- ¾ cup ketchup.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar.
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar.
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce.
- 2 teaspoons paprika.
- 2 dashes sriracha
- half packet of Fortune Noodle's Mandrian Orange flavoring
- 1 pound chicken legs
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, worcestershire, paprika, sriracha and Mandrian Orange flavoring together in a bowl.
- Generously coat chicken legs with Mandrian Orange BBQ sauce and bake in preheated oven for an hour, flipping legs halfway through cooking time and brushing with more sauce.
- Brush with more sauce before serving, preferably along side Fortune Mandrian Orange Noodles.