A lot of my food is made from scratch, but I cannot ever manage to get my life together to make breakfast. I usually microwave some Fortune noodles and add whatever I have laying around the kitchen to spice the noodles up. My Punjabi Style Udon Soup was created this way.
I often make Indian food in my kitchen, and when I saw the beans in the cabinet I knew they would go great in my soup. The curry chickpeas add a whole new level of flavoring that will make your mouth water! One of the best parts of this dish is it can be served hot in the winter as a soup, or chilled in the summer as a pasta salad!
I was sent these particular noodles as part of entering a recipe contest, but you can purchase JSL Foods products such as these Fortune noodles at Acme, Safeway, Albertsons, Price Rite and Shop Rite.
- 1 pack of Mushroom flavor Fortune Udon noodles
- ¼ cup chickpeas
- ¼ cup black beans
- 1 Tbsp curry
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 soft or medium boiled egg
- ¼ cup pickled radishes
- 2 Tbsp jalapeno peppers
- 1 Tbsp diced scallions
- Cook the pack of noodles as per the package instructions.
- While the noodles are cooking, mix the two types of beans, and the spices in a small saucepan or pot. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Boil your egg while cooking the beans and the noodles.
- Once the noodles are done, pour I to a bowl and add the beans, egg, and all other ingredients.